Friday 9 July 2010

Heat

Well I don't really have much to add to the post from Wednesday.

Everything is pretty much the same.

I did go to the GP to pick up some more emollient. The lovely receptionist asked me how I was doing and it was all I could to do not to burst into tears!

'Not great' I said, 'all the usual side effects are perfectly managable, but I am not soing so well with the skin rash'.

I showed her my hands, wrists and forearms - all bright red.

'You must let a doctor see you' she said and off she went to find a doctor.

He took look one look at my hands and shuffled me off to a private room. I showed him my legs and he gasped out loud. This, I think, was a rather emotional outburst for such a reserved middle-aged man.

'You look like you have chemical burns' he said, 'the last time I saw something like this was when a man fell into a bath of paint stripper' he said, 'you must really be suffering'.

Oh yeah.

He offered me strong opioid painkillers when I explained how much it hurt. I said I would rather just take stronger codeine before I move on up to the heavy stuff. I must say, I was touched with his concern.

I am taking the stronger codeine, but it doesn't do much.

I just hope this begins to settle down as the Taxoshit leaves my system next week. This, combined with the heat, is killing me!

Lord, I sound like a right whinger and I am truly not one of those normally.

I do hope I have something more positive to post soon....

2 comments:

  1. You don't sound like a whinger, you sound like you're in real bloody pain and discomfort. Hope next week is musch less painful for you x

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this passes quickly

    ReplyDelete