Saturday 1 May 2010

Less hair than Sinead O'Connor

My head is now shaved to a #0.

No, I didn't know there was a #0 either...but #0 it is.

This morning, I woke up and my bed was covered in short little hairs. Lots of them. After my bath, when I ran water through my hair, my bath was full of short little hairs and, when I patted my head, the towel was covered in short little hairs.

Then, when I looked at my shoulders, they were covered in short little hairs...that was pretty awful.

My hair may well have been shaved last week, but I did tell you I have a lot of hair...even though it is not long anymore.

So went over to Best Friend and she took out some clippers, took off the guards, slipped the lever down to #0 and did it.

Actually, should I be concerned that everyone I know owns clippers??? I don't own clippers!!! Why do you all own clippers???

Anyway, now I am shorter than Demi Moore in GI Jane; shorter than Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta and shorter than Britney in real life...even Sinead O'Connor has more hair than me.

The problem is I am getting a few small bald patches...and they look ridiculous. Everyone goes on about 'losing your hair during chemo', but what do you do in that 'in between' bit?

Look at me: most people complain about the 'in between' bit when they are growing their hair. Me? I am complaining about the 'in between' bit when I am losing mine.

I have also noted that I haven't got any hair growing anywhere else...not under my arms and not on my legs. The eyebrows are intact, but I have not had to touch them since the other week. Also, there are very few S&Cs left now. It has all happened very quickly...or perhaps I just haven't been noticing?

Best Friend's neighbour, a Nursey, came over to see how the #0 was going. She commented on what a nice shape head I had. Then she said 'you have such a pretty face...hasn't she got a pretty face?'...which had both these women attempting to scrape their hair back and look 'bald' to prove to me how ugly they would be with no hair and just how nice a baldy I make.

'You have no hair, but haven't you got a pretty face?'.

Best Friend says I look like someone you wouldn't fuck with. I don't reckon I would have fucked with Sinead O'Connor back in the day...having literally no hair does make you ummm, look hard.

Tomorrow I am going to the seaside for a couple of days...Drummond's brother is 40 and a bunch of us are heading to the coast to celebrate. Shall I go 'don't fuck with me' naked, or wear a bandana? I have yet to decide...

"We are all born bald, baby' - Telly Savalas

No comments:

Post a Comment