Wednesday 21 April 2010

And so it definately begins...

Yes. My careful hairspotting exercise is beginning to show results.

The hair on my head is definately coming out.

Just had a bath and ran some water through my hair (this very short hair business; it is much more work than having long hair! You have to wet it every day because it sticks up wildly! My long hair was much better behaved!).

When I pulled the plug out, I noticed a lot of half inch hairs floating on the top of the water.

Now, the bath is empty and my little hairs are liberally stuck to the bath (that'll teach me to use sticky Cowshed Bath Oil).

I knew this was going to happen, and I knew it would begin this week. I wonder how quickly it starts to go once it has started? I suppose there is no real way of knowing...each individual is unique in their response to chemotherapy. I mean, look at me. You wouldn't know I have had chemotherapy...not a mouth ulcer or iota of fatigue has been suffered thus far.

Last night, an Ex-Boyfriend rang to check up on me. He was an 18-monther and broke up last summer...except we have known each other for 25 years and continue to be friends...25 years trumps 18 months of actually sleeping together in my book and I am still very fond of him.

He said he is losing his hair fast...on the back of head rather from the front. Poor bloke, he always had the most gorgeous black mop.

I pointed out that next time we meet, he will have more hair on his head than me and look at it this way; it could be worse, you could be losing it from the front of your head so you are greeted by hairloss every morning in the mirror and you could have cancer.

He laughed, because he knows that is true (both the front-of-the-head-baldness and the cancer bit).

It's a great way of putting my friends' everyday gripes into perspective: "Yes, it is awful that your grass needs mowing every weekend now the spring has arrived and you have to drag your sorry ass to the garden shed every Sunday and plug the mower in and spend 30 minutes of your precious football-viewing time lawmowing but you know what? It could be worse! You could have cancer!".

I can now add baldness to my cancer comment.

Dgwankingfucksticks. My hair is beginning to fall out.

"A hair on the head is worth two on the brush (or in the bath)" - Don Herald (with my bit added in).

1 comment:

  1. What can we say other than dogwankingfucksticks.
    So sorry :-(

    ReplyDelete