Thursday 1 April 2010

Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts...


So said the mighty Jim Morrison....when he was capable of talking due to the copious amounts of booze and drugs in his system for most of his later years.

I think booze and drugs might be the only way I am going to get through today...

My printer is hotly printing out pictures of very short crop photos I have downloaded off the net for Ollie the Hair. Thing is, the women with all of these 'chic' crops are all models or famous. And they are all quite exquisite and beautiful. Why can't I find pictures of short crops on fat, ugly birds like me???

And they have eyebrows...

Last night I had a ceremonial bath and washed my long hair for the very last time. Out came the ridiculously expensive Frederic Fekkai conditioner (at least I won't have to dole out $65 again for a while...). I even gave it a rinse in cold water to make it all shiny. Probably a waste of time...seeing as it will end up on the floor later today.

Talking of hair...or no hair...I received a letter yesterday. Note yesterday was the 31st March. The letter was dated 29th March. It was an appointment with the 'Hair Appliance' lady at the hospital. It stated I had an appointment for the 30th March.

I missed the appointment. But seeing as I didn't make said appointment and didn't know about it, I am not fretting too much. I obviously rang her to apologise for not turning up...

...'Hair Appliance'. I imagine that is a 'wig'. I don't want a wig. I certainly don't want an NHS wig. Perhaps I ought to put a search into Google for NHS Wigs and then, perhaps, I would find pictures of women like me with awful hair? Sorry, but I can only see Ethel from Eastenders and WillythePug when I think about wigs...

I am also off, in my busy last Thursday before chemo starts, to have my blood work done. I tried to get it done yesterday, but the little local hospital had a 2 hour wait. 2 hours. I don't mind waiting for Scouse to tell me I have breast cancer. Or House to tell me what brand of Domestos I am going to infuse. But not 2 hours for an FBC. Thus, I am off to Dr Lucy this morning to get her to take out a little of my remaining life force. I did tell her I would be seeing her again...



“Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.” Jeremiah 7:29










No comments:

Post a Comment