Sunday 25 April 2010

The Girl with the Shaved Head

Right. I decided that the only way to do this shaved head thing in public is to just do it.

Tescos superstore, Sunday morning, packed with shoppers.

Do it. Go in, no covering of the bald pate and be shaved and errr, proud. With very bright red lipstick and sunglasses. If you can do it there, you can do it anywhere.

So I did.

And do you know what I discovered? Being a woman with a shaved head is like driving a large 4X4 vehicle with the biggest fuck off bull bars on the front...everyone gets out of your way. No one fucks with you, they are too afraid you might hit them.

That's what I discovered. And now I revel in it. I mean, I can't actually do anything about having no hair, so I might as well enjoy the ride. I have perfected an Elvis snarl. I stand and walk tall. I dare anyone to say a word too me. I will scare small children. And old ladies. Oh, and dogs. And if they stare at me, I will stare right back.

Behind my sunglasses anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment