Wednesday 14 April 2010

Dried up old wrinkly...

Well no more flushes today.

I think that must have been the menopause then. All over in the day. Just like that. Goodbye normal fertility/hello being a dried-up old barren spinster (yes, I am feeling sorry for myself; so would you if you suddenly, over the course of day, became less 'female').

On a positive note I came to a realisation today. Time waits for no one and chemo shouldn't stop you from living your life.

It seems I am so busy waiting for side effects that I seem to have put my life on hold. I mean, I didn't organise anything last weekend because I thought I would have side effects from the chemo phase of the cycle. I hadn't organised anything for this weekend because...well, I thought I would be suffering the lack of white blood cells and feeling tired.

You get the picture.

You have probably noticed I was considering not going to the BRMC gig tomorrow night with Drummond because I thought I'd be poorly.

Well stuff it. I am not poorly. I feel perfectly normal. I am not tired or shaky or sick. I shall go to the gig tomorrow and I shall do something this weekend.

I can't put my life on hold for 6 months, can I? Well, I can...cancer does kind put a downer of things...but you know what I mean. If this chemo thing is going to get worse, and it probably will, I might as well do what I can when I can. So Black Rebel Motorcycle Club with Drummond it is.

At least I still have hair to take to the gig...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you....it'll be fantastic! Nothing better than loud live music to pump your blood around your body and all those happy little cells will kick Colin's ass into orbit!

    Have a ball x

    ReplyDelete