Sunday 28 March 2010

Clocks going forward, Converse All Star and new phone...

The clocks went forward last night. This doesn't normally bother me, but this morning I feel tired and I cannot go back to sleep...

Yesterday I went shopping. Again. You probably don't believe I am not a shop-a-holic. I am generally not. But I want to get all of this stuff done before I start chemo/treatment...not sure if galivanting around a city centre will really be that important to me in a few weeks time.

First off, I have a new phone. A terrifying prospect, changing a mobile phone. I am a technophobe, I do not accept new technology easily. I fear change. So swapping from a straight phone with buttons to android technology and touch screens (or something like that) is a scary thing. It took a lot of time to make this decision...and grilling a rather nice Vodadevil employee for a lot of information...but believe it or not, I got a lovely young Polish woman who not only knew what she was talking about, but empathised with my fear of change. I apologise to Vodadevil. They actually kit their staff out in jeans and red polo shirts. Perhaps is it Fones4U that wear badly fitting GeorgefromAsdasuits.

I am now a proud owner of a SE Vivaz. It's like an iPhone, without the huge financial burden and I won't feel like throwing it out of the window when I try to use it (which other iPhone users I know have done...). I also got a 12 month contract. Look, I might not be here in 24 months, phone network providers!!!

New mobile phone and contract on a network that I can use at home. Done.

I also bought myself a pair of Converse All Star in black (of course). I have decided, once the hair comes off, that I might need to change what I wear a little...don't know why, just a bit of a feeling. I am going to look and feel very different over the next X months. I won't entirely be 'me'. The hair thing is a big deal. I will look very different and it is an enforced change. I therefore will slightly alter how I look clothes-wise. Jeans, Converse, buzz cut and a few punk t-shirts. If I am going to look like Sidney Vicious, I might as well dress like him. Ha...it's like being 16 again!

Slightly altered image. Done (but finished when Ollie the Hair does his thang on Thursday).

I have also bought a very expensive sonic toothbrush thing. It has a sensitive brushing mode. People tell me your teeth and gums can suffer during chemo and I need to be ultra-careful. I have therefore invested in a mouthcare system, which should help prevent problems. £120 worth of toothbrush. Feck me...lucky I got it half price in a special offer!

Toothbrush. Done.

New comfy M&S bras. Done.

Various chemo-sweatshirts and associated items. Done.

Easter eggs for all, plus a few birthday presents-for-godchildren-with-birthdays-coming-up-over-the-next-few-months. Done.

I am organised little cancer patient...




Quote of the day: "Cancer is a word, not a sentence" - John Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment