Thursday 11 March 2010

Supermarket Madness

I have just been to the supermarket. Tescos. I normally shop in Waitrose (I imagine the affluent nature of shopping in Waitrose is the reason why I have breast cancer, seeing as affluent women get more breast cancer than those who buy Value from Tescos. Living in Royal Berkshire and shopping at Waitrose is obviously going to be the death of me...).

Going in to Tescos seems to be the most 'normal' thing I have done for days. No mention of 'cancer'. It wasn't all about me me me.

I got to the queue with my little wire basket of perishables (note to self: remember to eat).

And I wanted to shout 'GET OUT OF MY WAY BECAUSE I HAVE GOT CANCER!!!!' at the people in front of me.

Well, it was a nice little diversion for a while....

And I do think I want to tell the world and her husband...the woman who walks her dog past my house; the postman; that nice red headed man called Charlie on BBC News24

It's quite inexplicable.

I obviously haven't, but I darn well want to. Why? To elicit sympathy? To shock? I have no idea...I am sure this urge will cease as the 'novelty' of being newly diagnosed wears off...

No comments:

Post a Comment