Saturday 27 March 2010

The Devil and mobile phones...

Another cool thing has happened. Not as cool as Drummond's extraordinary abilities for cadging guest+1 tickets for BRMC, but cool all the same.

I moved here in the Fall of 09. My mobile phone network has always served me well...until I moved here. Now it is like a small nun on a penguin shoot...it tends to hide itself a lot...from a signal. I have found this mildy irritating really, but still had 6 months or so left on the contract...

This is not really very helpful when I need a mobile phone to ring for emergency care at any point. Also, I want to lay in me bed and receive a signal, a call or perhaps make one when I feel shit.

Currently, my phone will not really allow this 'luxury'.

So I decided to do something about it, expecting to pay a large penalty for terminating my contract...my alternative network provider has to be Vodadevil...their HQ is just up the road from here, so guaranteed a decent signal (how else would their employees rack up their freebie bills?).

I rang my customer services team. I am on 3 network. I won't have a word said against them actually. They may not be able to provide a decent signal out here in rural land, but I have never had a problem before and I find their customer services, out in Mumbai, absolutely brilliant.

I explained my problem, playing the 'I have got the cancer' card very gently and, hey presto, I am out of the contract with no penalty. What other network would be so understanding, efficient and helpful?

So I am off to Vodadevil, with my PAC code and carte blanche on a new phone. Decisions to be made...none of this 24 month contract for me! I might be dead by then! I shall have to play my 'I have got the cancer' card and see what I can get...somehow, I don't imagine Vodadevil and their GeorgefromAsda suit wearing sales staff will fall for that one*. Not like 3...but you know me, I'll give it a go.

A friend and I discussed my blog from yesterday. He remarked I was exhibiting a certain amount of 'feistiness'. I think I was just being rather bolshie myself...he thinks I ought to make an effort and use said 'feistiness' to publicise the statistics on cancer sufferers and financial hardship. It got me to thinking...would a cancer charity like someone like me to come on board and be a spokesperson? Could I be a 'professional' cancer sufferer?!? Be open and honest about it all, draw attention to others' plights all for the greater good? I have actually done something rather similar, and successfully, for another disease...

Righto, off to harrass a Vodadevil employee...




* Apologies to Vodaphone staff. I am sure you also wear nice things that fit well.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, you'd do it just as well as the other I'm sure! Don't overdo it though, remember to think of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly give the impression of wanting to be the center of attention. I'm not sure how you measured your 'success', but with an ego like that an a desire to feel important - for the greater good of course - then being a professional disease sufferer should feed that self seeking part of your personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a blog about having cancer...yes, it's about me and, by dint, I am the centre of attention. Aren't all blogs, to a certain extent, egotistical and self-centred? Have you read the whole thing? You may get a different impression. On the other hand, why should I give a fuck what you surmise from a few words written in jest and haste here...are you an ex-boyfriend or something? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you


    mobilephones sales

    ReplyDelete